This past weekend, I drove to New Braunfels for Erin's bachelorette party. We had such an awesome time. The other girls floated the river on Saturday while i stayed behind to get caught up on some work stuff. That evening, we went to see Wade Bowen playing at an open air stage down the street. We all had so much fun and Erin really seemed to enjoy talking to all the strange people she attracted by wearing a flashy tiara displaying "Bachelorette" on the front along with a sash and a long tulle veil. I also attracted quite a few interested people (looking like I've swallowed a small watermelon). One guy in particular looked at me and smiled and then saw my belly. That's when a look of shock an horror came over his face. He looked back up at me and we both ended up laughing for a few minutes about how surprised he was to find a pregnant woman at a country concert standing in line at the bar. (For your peace of mind, I was in line for a sprite.) Later, we found out that that same guy was friends with some old co-workers of mine. Small world.
I'm feeling the baby move more and more every day. Baby mostly seems active in the early hours of the morning, around 7 am when i wake up, and also when i eat breakfast. my belly feels like it grows every day and I'm not really gaining much weight anywhere else but there. I go for another Ultra Sound tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to post any latest news following the appointment.
I recently purchased a photo printer. I chose the HP Photosmart A636. I'm having a lot of fun printing photos of the wedding (from over a year ago) but after already burning through 1 ink cartridge, I'm beginning to wonder if it's costing me more to print them from home than it would be to order them. I think I'll designate the home printer for small, quick jobs and order photos in bulk online.
You may or may not know that I recently completed training to be a C(ourt) A(ppointed) S(pecial) A(dvocate) volunteer. I have been assigned my first case. I'm very excited about the opportunity to be an advocate for children who have been abused. Shawn wonders how I'll juggle it all with work and the baby on the way. It's important enough to me that I'll certainly find a way. For more info or to locate a CASA program in your area, visit http://www.nationalcasa.org/
PS. Sandy is stinky again, guess the baking soda didn't work as well as i expected... any ideas?
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha. I'm not that starved for attention, am I? Or maybe I'm just weird since I like to talk to strange strangers. :)
ReplyDelete