Sunday, August 23, 2009

Handy Tips and Tricks

Nothing much to say tonight except that Shawn and I had a great weekend together... You might ask what we did that was so great? Well, nothing. We stayed home and spent time with each other. These days of just the two of us will soon end with the addition of the little one, so we are cherishing these quiet hours we have while we have them.
With no luck, I've been searching for baby furniture online. I can't decide whether to buy new or used, what style or color... so many choices. I also don't want to start thinking about turning our guest bedroom into the baby room and having to clean out the closet that is currently home to our winter clothes and anything that doesn't have a proper place somewhere else. I'm sure I'll become motivated soon enough. Until then, our wedding candles and winter gloves will reside in the guest bedroom closet.

For those of you that don't know, I'm a devout food network viewer. Alton Brown's "Good Eats" is my all time favorite show to watch. I have about 20 of his shows on our DVR that Shawn begs me to delete, but I don't have the heart to yet... what if I'm suddenly compelled to cook a lobster and I need a refresher course on how to do it properly? Anyway, I occasionally find handy tips and tricks on other shows. If I can remember to, I'll post this handy household advice that I hope you will find as useful as I have. Anything to make my life, and yours, just a little easier.

This Week's Kitchen Tip: A quick and easy way to sanitize your kitchen sponge: Fully saturate the sponge with water and microwave it for about 1.5 - 2 minutes. This will reduce the germ content to almost nothing. A word of caution tho, the sponge MUST be wet!!! If you attempt to microwave a dry sponge, you'll end up with a blazing mess on your hands and might have to call the fire department to put out the flames.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment