Monday, September 14, 2009

Lots Going On

I'm sitting here after a very long, busy day.. watching my belly move as the baby squirms around, letting me know he/she is still in there.

Lots of things have happened since my last post. One of the most significant being a surprise 30th birthday party for Shawn. I worked super hard to keep it a surprise and thanks to Clint and Chrystal Thomas, we pulled it off! Clint took Shawn into Katy for the day and did a great job of entertaining him while Chrystal and I got everything ready for the party. When they showed up, Shawn was completely surprised to see his parents and friends on the back porch. Shawn had such a great time, he spent all day Sunday in bed.

On Wednesday, Sept 9, we drove to New Braunfels to attend Marcus and Michelle's wedding. It was a very sweet, outdoor, small, country wedding. We had a good time but didn't stay long since we both worked that morning and had work on Thursday and Friday as well.

Erin and Tanner's wedding is this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. She's done so much planning and I know it's going to be beautiful. I went to try on my Bride's maid dress this afternoon. We had ordered the dresses before i found out i was prego and my seamstress had to work a miracle to get me in it. And she did! It fits and zips and it's beautiful but I fell like I look huge in it. I'm just glad I have a good reason to be big.

My pregnancy is going well. I'm just over 26 weeks and am feeling great and loving every minute of this special time. I haven't really been craving anything weird but I have had a few strange things happen. These past few weeks, I've had 4 charlie horses in my calfs, in the middle of the night. Ouch!! What a rude awakening. I don't recall ever having any before I got pregnant. And, for those who haven't had the painful experience of having a charlie horse, I hope you never do.

We haven't thought of any baby names yet. I've really just started looking. We're open to suggestions if you have any.


A Tip from the Pet Department:
The other day, I noticed that Jack, our Jack Russell mix, had a tick on his belly. I religiously use Advantix on all the dogs but I guess I'd gone longer than one month between doses and he had fallen victim to that nasty little blood sucker. Somewhere I heard to soak a cotton ball in vegetable oil and hold the saturated cotton ball on top of the tick for a minute or so. The tick will suffocate within a few minutes and fall off. I tried it and it worked like a charm!! This is a much easier way to get rid of the tick than the traditional match method, which tends to scare animals and also carries the risk of catching something unintended on fire. So next time you find a tick with it's little head buried, instead of reaching for the matches, head to the kitchen for the cooking oil.

3 comments:

  1. What do you think baby's gender is? Do you have any kind of gut feeling about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had several dreams that it's a girl, but i really feel like it's a boy. I seem to be sticking out more than getting wider and the heart rate was on the fast side of normal. :) any name suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked beautiful in your dress. That color was so stunning on you!

    These were the top 10 boy names according to social security in 2008...so if you want to be unique, stay away from them!
    1. Jacob
    2. Michael
    3. Ethan
    4. Joshua
    5. Daniel
    6. Alexander
    7. Anthony
    8. William
    9. Christopher
    10. Matthew

    ReplyDelete